We make giving back to the community a little more fun. With a wide array of events and programs throughout the year, we’re always on the lookout for volunteers. You bring the enthusiasm; we’ll provide the training!
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
EdVenture volunteers serve in a variety of areas, including after school mentoring, exhibits education, special events, and more.
What does EdVenture look for in volunteers?
- A commitment to serving EdVenture guests with joy, positivity, and initiative.
- An appreciation for the life-changing power of education.
- A willingness to serve as a team player alongside staff and other volunteers.
- For volunteers serving on the museum floor or in Club EdVenture, the ability to volunteer for at least three hours per month.
Steps to becoming a volunteer (*If you are only interested in serving at special events, please see next paragraph):
- Complete the EdVenture adult volunteer application.
- Submit your completed background check consent form to your EdVenture location's manager by email at a (Columbia), (Hartsville), or (Myrtle Beach). You may also submit the form via direct mail or dropping off in person at your EdVenture location.
- To Schedule your volunteer orientation email your location's manager above.
To access your volunteer portal click here
If you are interested in serving at EdVenture’s special events such a Storybook Ball, please email with the event(s) in which you are interested. All special events we are recruiting for are listed in the online directory found above. Looking for a group volunteer project? Our special events are great opportunities for volunteer groups to serve together!
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Are you between the ages of 14 and 17 and want to get involved? EdVenture has special volunteer programs for youth interested in gaining new skills and serving the museum.