Is there a mini culinary mastermind living in your kitchen? EdVenture may have the perfect competition for them!
EdVenture is on the look-out for the most talented kid chefs around the Midlands for its new culinary program, Diced. The four-week long cooking course will feature healthy, locally sourced ingredients with a cook-off challenge in its 5th week.
During the final challenge, chefs will get the opportunity to show off their skills by creating three dishes in 30 minutes — using items found in a mystery basket. The winner and runner-up will get a grand prize to help them pursue a career in the culinary field.
Applicants must be ages 11-15 and available in February 2020. They must also provide a video and written submission. A due date for submissions will be announced soon.
Video submissions must answer the following questions:
- Where you are from, how old you are and what your favorite dish to prepare is?
- Why you think you have what it takes to be the "Diced" champion?
- What are your strengths in the kitchen?
- Where do you want culinary arts to take you in the future?
Written submission, which may be sent digitally or by mail, must provide these answers:
- How long have you been cooking?
- Who is your cooking influence?
- How much time do you spend in the kitchen typically?
- What’s the dish that inspired your love for cooking?
- What advice would you give young chefs about the kitchen?