We make giving back to the community a little more fun. With a wide array of events and programs throughout the year, we’re always on the lookout for volunteers. You bring the enthusiasm; we’ll provide the training!
Adult Volunteer Opportunities
EdVenture volunteers serve in a variety of areas, including after school mentoring, exhibits education, special events, and more.
What does EdVenture look for in volunteers?
- A commitment to serving EdVenture guests with joy, positivity, and initiative.
- An appreciation for the life-changing power of education.
- A willingness to serve as a team player alongside staff and other volunteers.
- For volunteers serving on the museum floor or in Club EdVenture, the ability to volunteer for at least three hours per month.
To view the most current listing of EdVenture volunteer opportunities, please click here.
Steps to becoming a volunteer (*If you are only interested in serving at special events, please see next paragraph):
- Complete the EdVenture adult volunteer application found here.
- Submit your completed background check consent form to Margaret DuBose by email at email@example.com, or by direct mail or dropping off in person at EdVenture: 211 Gervais Street / Columbia, SC 29201
- Sign up for a volunteer orientation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in serving at EdVenture’s special events such a Storybook Ball, please email email@example.com with the event(s) in which you are interested. All special events we are recruiting for are listed in the online directory found above. Looking for a group volunteer project? Our special events are great opportunities for volunteer groups to serve together!
Margaret DuBose, Development and Volunteer Coordinator
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Are you under 18 and want to get involved? EdVenture has special volunteer programs for youth interested in gaining new skills and serving the museum. Please click here to learn more about our Museum Apprentice Program, or complete our youth volunteer application found here.
Tiffany Collins, Youth Development Coordinator