Frequently Asked Questions
Find out everything you need to know about field studies at EdVenture!
How much does a field study cost?
• $9.50 per child.
• One chaperone per seven students free at time of booking. Additional chaperones are $5 per person.
• Teachers/bus drivers visit FREE with group.
How long does the field study last?
• All field trips to EdVenture last two hours.
• The Discoveries and Imaginarium Adventures include a 45-minute program packed with age-appropriate, standards-based activities led by an EdVenture educator, plus 75 minutes of group exploration of the museum’s exhibits led by teachers and chaperones.
When are field study programs offered?
• Mondays through Fridays
What do I have to do to guarantee my space?
• A $50 deposit is required for your field study reservation to guarantee space and availability. This deposit will be credited toward the total admission fees due. The deposit due date will be indicated on the reservation confirmation.
How do I make reservations?
• Call 803-497-7301 to schedule your field study. Please allow two business days for your voicemail to be returned.
• OR – Request a Field Study online.
• Once your field study request has been confirmed via email or mail, teachers are responsible for confirming the number of students 48 hours prior to arrival. If the teacher does not confirm the number of participants with EdVenture, the school may be responsible for paying for all reserved spots, regardless of actual attendance. Contact 803-497-7301 or email@example.com to confirm your group's attendance.
When is the balance due?
• The balance must be paid on the day of your visit.
How will I receive confirmation for my visit?
• You will receive confirmation of your visit by email or mail. It will include your reservation number.
What is your cancellation policy?
• There will be a $50 fee for all cancelations made less than seven business days before your scheduled visit.
What payment methods are accepted?
• Payment can be made by check, Visa, Discover, American Express or MasterCard. Purchase orders will be accepted as a form of payment with prior notification.
What are your drop-off/pickup policies?
• If your group arrives more than 15 minutes late, part of your experience may be shortened. A member of EdVenture’s staff will meet students on the bus to conduct a brief orientation upon arrival. Please be on time. All groups are asked to stay with their assigned staff person to ensure the best experience.
• Buses are to bring students to the main entrance of EdVenture upon arrival. Drivers then will be directed to a specific parking location after students have entered the building.
• It is important that groups plan to stay in the museum only for the time allotted. We book school and other groups in a manner that allows everyone to have a pleasant experience at EdVenture. Arriving extremely early or planning to stay much later without prior arrangements will result in a less-than-ideal experience for your students and other visitors. Please inform us if you know that your group may arrive late.
• Buses are to pick up students at the museum’s main entrance at the front of the building.
Where can we eat lunch and how do I pre-order lunches for a field study?
• EdVenture has an onsite restaurant called The Carousel Café. No outside lunches are allowed in the museum. Field study guest lunches must be ordered seven business days in advance.
• Please download and return the completed Group Lunch Request Form at least 10 business days before your visit.
School and Group Coordinator