EdVenture Eats is serving our community through healthy nutrition education. Each program initiative is designed to empower young people and their caregivers to adopt a more nutritious diet as part of a healthy lifestyle.
For your next meeting or party, book EdVenture!
Click the image above for photos of offerings.
Contacts are listed at the bottom on the page.
Click image above for Cooking Lab classes and dinner opportunities.
Click image above for information on EdVenture Eats in the community.
- City of Columbia Health and Wellness Challenge - In partnership with City of Columbia, Cooking Lab chefs prepared healthy and inexpensive meals with families from our local community.
- Cooking Matters - In partnership with the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control, low resourced (SNAP eligible) adults and children spend six weeks learning to prepare healthy, tasty meals on a budget.
- Culinary Medicine - In partnership with Beverly Yates Wilson, director of Foodshare S.C., the program guided first and second year medical students from the University of South Carolina through healthy recipes and highlighted messaging the soon-to-be-doctors would share with their patients.
- Culinary Quest - In partnership with Richland School District Two, EdVenture is building a workforce development program with future chefs while providing them with hands-on experience necessary to matriculate successfully into collegiate culinary programs. This program is planned to begin mid-fall 2017 to early-spring 2018.
- Foodshare - A grassroots with community partners initiative which offers a twice monthly fresh produce box program to provide access to fresh vegetables and fruit in a food insecure neighborhood in Columbia. Cooking Lab staff provides nutrition education and cooking classes at the food box pickup site.
- Let's Move/City of Columbia - Cookbook - In partnership with the City of Columba, Cooking Lab staff has developed Fit for a Kid,a free collection of recipes targeted to children about healthy eating and physical activity. Copies are distributed through EdVenture Eat programming.
Ashley Hutto, Cooking Lab Educator
Kenny Smith, Nutrition Lab Coordinator
Dr. Kathie Williams, Director of Family & Community Health
Cooking Lab classes are supported by:
Lipscomb Family Foundation
EdVenture Eats is supported by: